While it reads Insider Preview build 17763, Microsoft’s Windows team has ultimately seeded another version of the October 2018 Update to Slow and Preview Ring Insiders.
As expected, build 17763 brings a nice helping of needed fixes that include adjusting Flash elements with Edge, reducing the use of battery by software such as OneNote and Bluetooth audio tweaks.
Here is the list below:
- We fixed the issue where dragging (extracting) files from a .zip file in File Explorer to a write-protected location you don’t get a “Do you want to replace these files” prompt and the copy action fails silently.
- We fixed an issue causing roaming profiles to not work correctly.
- We have fixed the issue where the incorrect details were being shown in Task Manager under the “Processes” tab.
- We fixed an issue where in certain cases IME would not work in the first process of a Microsoft Edge user session.
- We fixed an issue where in some cases applications would become unresponsive after resuming from Connected Standby.
- We fixed several issues causing application compatibility problems with 3rd-party antivirus and virtualization products.
- We fixed several issues with driver compatibility.
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- We fixed an issue where touching a Flash element in Microsoft Edge with two or more fingers could result in the tab crashing.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- We fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn’t play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- We fixed an issue in PowerShell where it wasn’t displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in display scaling factors not being applied correctly (so the UI was smaller than expected) when viewing a full-screen remote desktop window on a monitor set to certain display scalings.
Lastly, here are a couple of items for Slow and Preview Ring people to keep an eye out for when installing preview 17763.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
- Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
For Slow and Preview Ring users, hopefully, this release addresses some of the issues that may have slipped through the cracks and made their way to those looking for a more stable Insider experience.
WINDOWS SUPPORT PHONE NUMBER : +1-877-353-1149 (TOLL-FREE) USA-CA